In an article by Caroline Choi for the Huffington Post Divorce Pages, she recommends five experts to provide you valuable assistance during this difficult time in your life. These professionals can be utilized separately or together with your spouse.
To obtain help in resolving your divorce in a more efficient and effective way, check out some of these experts.
- Psychological: Divorce has many emotional side effects and working with a psychological expert can help everyone through the process. One especially important professional is a child custody evaluator. Choi says, he or she "may recommend a permanent child custody and visitation plan based on his or her analysis of the circumstances surrounding your family amidst the divorce."
- Vocational: If one spouse has not been working or is underemployed, a vocational expert can help this person evaluate job skills and prospects and make recommendations for possible education needed to be ready for the workforce.
- Income: Having an income expert evaluate the financial situation can help in "establishing appropriate child and spousal support."
- Real Estate: If a divorcing couple owns real estate together, it is important to have a professional appraisal. This will help dispel arguments as to what each spouse "thinks" the value is. Look for a real estate expert who will "provide a detailed report of the value of the property and also outline comparable" prices.
- Business Valuation: If you and/or your spouse own a business, this situation may require another important specialist. The complexity of business makes this person critical to assist with the valuation and division of this asset, no matter how the division of labor was split between raising the family and running the business.
Having a professional or two on your side during a Florida divorce can give you peace of mind in knowing that the scope of all the issues in divorce case are being handled appropriately. This is certainly not an exhaustive list but it is an important one for handling the most basic elements affecting custody, support and other important family issues. Remember that your divorce attorney may have some great resources for finding these individuals and can help to manage the overall process.
Board Certified Marital and Family Law Attorney Charles D. Jamieson understands that divorce is an extremely sensitive and important issue. Thanks to extensive experience and a focus on open communication, Attorney Jamieson adeptly addresses the complex issues surrounding divorce while delivering excellent personal service. To discuss divorce in Florida, please contact The Law Firm of Charles D. Jamieson, P.A.The Law Firm of Charles D. Jamieson, P.A. or call 561-478-0312.